Register at www.playcricket.com.au
Get your Active Kids Voucher here before you register
2021 regos for boys and girls!
A GUIDE TO JUNIOR TEAM AGE GROUPS & PLAYING STANDARDS
- Stage 1 Blue (team list of 8) - usually U9 age group who are graduates of the Junior Blast program, new entrants to cricket or need another season at Blue at this beginner game level
- Stage 1 Black (team list of 8) - notionally U10 age group who are graduates from Stage 1 Blue, Junior Blasters, new entrants to cricket or need another season at Black
- U11 Div 2 (teams list of 8): same format as Stage 1 with 16M pitch & Softaball. Usually for Stage 1 graduates and those aged 10 who are entering the game with some sporting skill. There is a competition ladder, player stats and finals
- U11 Div 1 (teams list of 8): 16M pitch & Softaball. Graduates from U11 Div 2 (or Stage 1 Black with strong cricket skills). Competition ladder, player stats and finals. A higher skill level and stronger competition.
- U13 Div 2 (teams list of 11): Stage 2 rules with 18M pitch & 142gm ball. Notionally suitable for U12’s and graduates of U11
- U13 Div 1 (teams list of 11): Stage 2 rules with a 142gm ball. Graduates from U13 Div 2.
- U15 Div 1 & Div 2 11 a side, mix of 1 day and 2 day games.
- U17 mix of 1 day and 2 day games, 11 a side
Girls have the option of playing within mixed teams in the CWSCA competition or in girls only teams in U11, U13 & U15 Sydney Sixers Girls League.
Register at playcricket.com.au here
First, check the FAQs below. If you want to discuss which format will best suit your family or child contact:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I register for a team?
How are age groups determined?
U11, U13 and U15/17s age group are determined by how old the player is on 31 August. For example:
Age variations: Players wishing to play outside their natural age group - either higher or lower - requires an exemption from competition organisers. Exemption are only grant if players meet specific criteria. Exemption need to be presented to competition organisations supported by the club. Please contact your Age Coordinator or MCC Secretary to discuss.
How does MCC form team lists?
Teams are formed by Age Coordinators in consultation wit the Club Secretary based on the following priority order:
How do divisions within age groups work?
Some age groups will have two or three Divisions. This depends on the number of teams entered in the competition and the playing level.
What are other competitions are available for boys teams?
* The submission of teams in these competitions are dependent on numbers of players and the availability of coaches.
Did your daughter or son play Junior Blasters or Master Blasters last year and are aged 7+?
What is Stage 1 or U11 modified cricket for 7-10 year olds?
I’m interested in coaching a club team or helping at Junior Blasters or Master Blasters.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact MCC Secretary Daniel Kicuroski on email@example.com